The Grade Sheet Fractions, Decimals, and Percents Lesson can be used to teach fractions, decimals, and percents in a meaningful context. Students will understand how individual grades affect their overall grade and how to find fraction, decimal, and percent equivalents.
(View Actual Pages from the Creative Equations Project)
(42 Math Lessons, Projects, and Games – 438 pages)
(9 Number Sense Lessons and Projects)
Lesson Description: The Grade Sheet lesson is a resource that enables students to track their grade in a class. It is also a tool to communicate student progress to the home. Finally, it provides content practice in fractions, decimals, and percents.
Teacher Testimonial: One of the first things I do each year with my students is teach them how to use the Grade Sheet. The students complete two or three practice Grade Sheets and then take a quiz to prove their ability to use this tool. For the remainder of the year, each time I give the students a grade they must enter it onto their Grade Sheet, calculate their new cumulative grade in my class, and then have their parent sign it. After a few assignments they will fill out their Grade Sheets with little prompting. I rarely hear parents say that they weren’t aware of their child’s grades!!
The Grade Sheet Fraction, Decimal, and Percent Lesson includes:
- 2 Grade Sheet forms to track up to 30 grades in any grading period
- 1 Assignment Sheet with 3 sets of fictitious grades that can be used to learn the Grade Sheet
- 2 Quizzes that can be administered to your class in order to assess understanding
- 2 Answer Keys for the Grade Sheet assignments and the Grade Sheet quizzes
- 1 Grade Sheet Teacher Tips sheet
Enjoy your lesson!!
Mark P. Tully