The Classroom Money System is a fun, educational way to help manage a classroom and at the same time provide students with the foundational experiences of applying for jobs, holding a job, saving money, spending money, and using a checking account.
(View Actual Pages from the Classroom Money System)
(42 Math Lessons, Projects, and Games – 438 pages)
(4 Money Math Lessons and Activities)
Lesson Description: The Classroom Money System is a fun, educational way to help manage a classroom and at the same time provide students with the foundational experiences of applying for jobs, holding a job, saving money, spending money, and using a checking account.
Math Content: Money Skills
Time Required: To be used throughout the school year
The Classroom Money System includes:
- 7 Class Cash pages including two sets of class money and Money System Teacher Notes
- 4 Check pages including classroom checks, check registers, and Checking Teacher Notes
- 2 Classroom Jobs pages including a Job Application and Classroom Job Teacher Notes
- 2 Auction pages including Sample Auction Letter and Auction Teacher Notes
- 1 Classroom Money System Teacher Tips page
- 1 Classroom Money System Cover Sheet
Materials Needed: Colored paper (recommended)
Suggested Grade Level: 5th – 8th
Teacher Testimonial: The Classroom Money System is part of a classroom management system that helps motivate students, reinforce math concepts in a realistic context, and instill in the students some of the financial foundations needed for success in life. The students enjoy having jobs, earning money, and especially spending money in classroom situations and at the much anticipated End-of-the-Year Auction.
Teachers Are Talking About the Classroom Money System
Here’s what other teachers have to say about the Classroom Money System:
“Perfect for my 6th grade class!”
– Patty D., math teacher
“Thanks! I’m excited to use this with my students.”
– Shonda Roer, math teacher
– Melinda P., math teacher
Enjoy your lesson!!
Mark P. Tully